A Favorite Memory of Mine

(The orange background at the end was inserted by a YouTube user.)

When I was little, there was one TV show I loved. I would do almost anything to watch it. I even woke up early. I just couldn’t do without watching Curious George.

Curious George was my favorite TV show. I loved the little monkey and his adventures. He was a cute, little, brown fur ball. I always giggled hysterically when he made a mess in the kitchen. I always cheered for Curious George when he overcame a problem. My favorite episode was when he had to launch a rocket. Humans couldn’t launch it because there was a need to push four buttons at once, but George could. He had four limbs and a tail. He used the tail for balance and jumped. In the air he pushed all four buttons and the rocket could launch. I thought  that George was a monkey genius!

I still remember my enthusiasm to watch Curious George. Now that I am older, I realize that the TV show, Curious George, taught me that I should solve problems calmly like George. Curious George was my favorite TV show as a toddler, and I will always cherish the memory of watching it.

4 comments

1. Sounds like George was indeed a genius. Great use of a specific example to support your composition.

I only know Curious George as a book. I didn’t realize it was a show as well.

1. Curious George has been running as a TV show for a while on PBS Kids. I don’t know if it has run on other channels. They also made a movie a while ago. It was about how George was found by The Man with the Yellow Hat. In the movie The Man with the Yellow Hat is called Ted.

2. Curious George was always on when I was little, and reading this entry brought me back to all of the episodes clearly. I think that this TV show made me realize how much we are like monkeys really- maybe that was a secret message that they were trying to send out. What do you think?

1. I think we all feel kindly towards friendly monkeys because they can look really cute. This is especially because they are small primates.